Saturday, May 3, 2008

Why does Delta hate it's customers.

I'm starting to think I should start a "hatesitscustomers.com" site so people can blog about how hates its customers. Maybe a "Verizon.hatesitscustomers.com" and a "DeltaAirlines.hatesitscustomers.com".... but I digress.

Today I am catching a flight from ATL to MCO (Orlando, FL) as I have a weeklong customer conference to attend. I had originally planned on bringing my golf clubs for a round on Sunday, thus checking two bags at no extra charge. At the last minute, I decided to rent clubs at the facility and save the hassle. I consolidated all of my items into a single large suitcase. All clothes, both business and casual, to last a week, and a couple of pairs of shoes.

When I checked in at the airport, not only were the reps quite short and rude, as if I was interrupting their day, when I placed my bag on the scale, the representative indicated that my bag was overweight by 5 pounds and I could do one of two things: Take out 5 pounds or pay $80. $80!!!!!! That's $16 a pound.

I asked them: "Are you kidding me??" and was politely told "No, SIR, I am NOT kidding.". I told them fine, I'd pay the $80. The rep asked me in a nice biting tone "You can't take out 5 lbs"? I told them "No, it's all clothing, what do you expect me to do, wear three pairs of pants and five shirts?"

What strikes me as odd about this, is I could have checked up to two bags of 50 lbs each at no charge, but if I have one bag of 55 lbs, it's an extra $80.

Thanks for hating me, Delta. Between this and all of your other shenanigans, rude customer representatives, and crappy service into my hometown of Montgomery, AL (which is why I drive 150 miles to the Atlanta hub to catch a plane), it may be time for me to buy that Beechcraft B 36 TC Bonanza I've had my eye on...

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I didn't know MEN packed more than one of anything while traveling...